Place Your Faith in God

This week, instead of 5-days of lecture, we had 6. Kind of sucks since one particular lecturer added her hours from 4 hours to 6 hours per week, then always take our lunch break time by adding half hour of 45 minutes more. Even one of my coursemates had this statistics on how his time was taken up per week in total.


It's tiring physically, mentally and spiritually for all of us. It's not like I'm complaining. I understand that her high expectation for us will bring us great benefit someday but the courseworks load that crashes between all the lecturers are beating us down. Sometimes, it is necessary to let us take a break from the pressure or we will tatally crack up. S-E-R-I-O-U-S-L-Y. Practically, you can hear the class whine about exhaustion and bringing the super moody face to lectures.


After today's lecture, I went out for lunch. There's this sight which aches my heart. Salesman. It is hard to see them going around, pleading for people to buy the products so they could mantain their job. The economics downfall has really taken a big toll on many people. Many people are jobless out there and some barely could support their live by their current salary. Even graduates that hold a degree certificate on hand would have to face the fact that degree means nothing nowadays as it is not easy to score a good job at hand.


In my mind, I thought of how nice would the world be if those who are rich are willing to donate to the poor but the true fact is that life is cruel. Mom told me once that in this type of situation, as much that we do hope that we could help them (e.g: buying their products so that they could meet the quota to keep their jobs), there is a limit on how much we can help. Unless like I'm super rich, there's nothing much that can be done except to pray for them. Place faith in God as the road is not a smooth highway.


Life is a challenge but remember this when you feels like losing your way and faith:


In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. Psalm 56:4


And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Rom 8:28


Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD. Psalm 31:24


For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. Psalm 84:11


Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

0 comments: