Final Day of Practicum I

Yestarday was my last day of the four-weeks practicum. My 45 Year 5 students had touched my heart deeply. I went for the last hour of Mathematics class with them around 11:00am yesterday. As I opened the door, the room was dark and all I could see was empty tables and three lines of students at the back and a conductor. As I entered the class, they started to sing Auld Lang Syne in Bahasa version. My eyes were filling with tears but I managed not to drop one. I gave them a big applause after they had finished singing and joked about them trying to make me cry.

I continued teaching them Mathematics and on the last ten minutes, I gave them presents that I had prepared and managed to take photos with them. And by the time my lesson was up, my table was filled with presents. All of them approached me, asking for signature and phone number. I was thinking, I'm not a celebrity. I'm just a teacher. Yet, they're acting like I am one.

It was really difficult to leave that day. This devilish yet cute bunch of munchies had really put an impact on me in just a short period of time. I'm really gonna miss them. :(



The boys of my class


The girls of my class

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey looks like you'll be a great teacher in the future! Bet you won't have the heart to 'rotan' those kids anymore :D

yerdua said...

Haha.. Well, canning might be back in the law of teaching. So, who knows? I might be like my mom, having a few rotans in the car and one to bring everyday to the school. xD