Practical Week 2

This is my second week of practical but it's also my first official week to teach some classes. Well, two classes to be exact.


On the first week, I was given a schedule of my classes. Seven periods of Mathematics classes with Year 5A and three periods of Physical Education with Year 2D. Before that, a brief explanation on the class grouping system in this school; there are five classes in each Year, ranging from A to D for Bahasa medium and one class for Chinese Medium. Class A being the best to Class D that consists of remedial students.


My first day with 45 of my Year 5 students was like "teaching to the walls". I guess this is because I'm still new to them and well.. let just say their devilish side have not unveil themselves. After few more days, I have accidentally found the key and unlocked heir devilish side. They were pretty naughty but n a good way. At least they listen to me when I'm teaching and I am impressed by how good they are and how fast they can catch up with my lesson.


My first day with my Year 2 students on the other hand was a disaster! Controlling 35 students was a pain in the neck for me. Throughout the hour, I was shouting non-stop and nearly broke my voice box. And to top it up, my lecturer was supposed to observe me during my Mathematics class the hour right after. My mentor had to help me to control them to avoid any casualites. =.="


When I went to the staff room, most of the teachers was laughing at me as my shouting was so loud, some of them heard me all the way from the staff room. Gosh~ I should have taken it more seriously when they said that class is hard to control.


Now that the week had ended, I look forward to a day of relaxation before starting the new week. I need to get a hold of how to control my Year 2 students before they break my voice box permanently. xP

0 comments: